1. If a disease could pass through air ________, that would be truly terrifying. Perhaps little comfort, but COVID-19 absolutely cannot do that.
2. Internet figure who makes deliberately incendiary comments, thus unnecessarily and unfortunately adding an element of worry to human exchange.
3. They are a form of tax on imports, sometimes enacted through economic fears.
4. Measure of contagiousness.
5. It’s hard to keep the proverbial ________ upper lip and not let oneself be consumed by fear.
6. ________ation Therapy, aka Sensory Deprivation, is said to reduce anxiety.
7. Name of pizza shop in 1980s film where increasing racial tension and fear culminated.
Also, in a nice Setka coincidence, the initials of that film’s director.
8. Worried? Nu? ________! ________! (translation from Yiddish: Eat! Eat!)
9. According to many Ted Talks (by people with lots of economic security?), ________ is good for us and fearing it is worse than experiencing it. Case in point: your puzzle constructor was inspired to submit a satiric piece to McSweeney’s this week called “________s where I’m still waiting for the growth mindset benefit to kick in”, and it was rejected. (But write us if you want to see it!).
Prefer to play Setka with pencil and paper? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Download and print the pdfs below.