1. Subway line with derisive nickname due to its infrequent (sometimes non-existent) service.
2. First female chief judge of the Court of Appeals, NY’s highest court (last name only).
3. Emotion when seeing the NYC skyline at night for the first time.
4. Something you may do conspicuously when a celeb walks by. Ho hum, no big deal.
5. It’s hard to __________ out a living in the Big Apple. Even with a salary your parents dreamed of, or could thrive on, you may live in a shoe box crawling with things that make you go “__________!”.
6. Former NY senator made (in)famous for his duel with the nation’s first Secretary of the Treasury (first name only).
7. Majestic call of the animals guarding the main branch of the NY public library (or more precisely the sound they would make if they weren’t statues).
8. Jeter, Mantle, or DiMaggio.
9. EWR, JFK, and LGA are places to fly __________ from the city. Nice place to visit and all that.
10. ___________ Gardens, Queens neighborhood.
11. NYC is famous for its cadre of professionals treating people who __________ a lot. Oh, we hope this clue is good enough.
12. The summer in the city is sometimes associated with a __________ odor. Fancy people go to the Hamptons, but the __________ and file stay put and deal with it!
Prefer to play Setka with pencil and paper? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Download and print the pdfs below.